SOME USEFUL INFORMATION ABOUT HOW TO LIVE AND LOVE VENICE
· In St. Mark’s Square pic nic is not allowed and by feeding the pigeons you can be fined.
· Gondola base price is 80 Euros for a standard tour of 30/35 minutes (up to 6 people on board), while the “traghetto” service by Gondola (from a side to the other of the Canal Grande) costs 2 Euros per person.
· Children can play in every “campo” (small square) in Venice: all the Venetian boys and girls use to play with balls, rollers, bycicles, kick scooters and to draw on the ground with colored chalks!
· By clicking here you find some nice leaflets with Leo, the Town Hall Mascot, showing you how to live and love Venice 🙂
Venice Map for Children by Italy for Kids. Price: Euro 7,00. In Italian and English.
PLAYGROUNDS IN VENICE
Here below you find a list of the playground areas with swings and slides:
· Papadopoli Garden, closed to Piazzale Roma.
· Giardini, just in front of the ACTV pier, line 5.1 and 5.2
· Sant’Elena, closed to the ACTV pier.
· Savorgnan Park, closed to Guglie’s Bridge.
· Villa Groggia’s Park in Sant’Alvise (in the complex you find also the Playroom “La Cicala e la Formica”).
· In the garden of Ca’ Rezzonico there is a small playground: should be nice for a rest if you are nearby.
WHAT TO VISIT IN VENICE
If this is absolutely their first time in Venice, take your children to :
· a GONDOLA tour, even if a simple “traghetto” ride if you think they can be afraid to get on board. The so-called “traghetti” are short rides (a couple of minutes) between one side and the other one on the Canal Grande and they are still used by all the Venetian residents. We suggest you to take the “traghetto” in San Tomà/Sant’Angelo or the one in Rialto/Ca’ d’Oro. The standard touristic tour by Gondola lasts about 30/35 35 minutes and the price is 80 Euros (morning and afternoon), while the “traghetto” has a lower price, just 2 Euros per person. An advice: before getting on board for a touristic ride, always ask about the price to the Gondolier.
· A visit to the CAMPANILE, the bell tower, the so-called Paron de Casa (Owner of the House), in ST. MARK’S SQUARE.
· A visit to the TORRE DELL’OROLOGIO , the Clock Tower in ST. MARK’S SQUARE, just for children over 6 years old, there is no lift and the stairs are narrow and steep.
· A must picture with the LEONCINI, the two lions, in the Piazzetta San Marco, closed to the homonym Church.
· A relax walk in the GIARDINI REALI, the Royal Gardens, free entrance, our small green lung closet o Saint Mark’s Square. A nice place to take a rest o a refreshment (in summer time) for parents, while children can play with the water of the small fountains (once upon a time there were also red fishes, let’s try to search them 🙂 ).
· The RIALTO MARKET, our fish and fruit Venetian market.
· A visit to the PEGGY GUGGENHEIM, better on Sunday in the afternoon during the KIDS DAY, free activities for children 4-10 years old, and parents can enjoy the Museum.
· A visit to the NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM located in San Stae, with its new setting and multimedia activities so appreciated by children.
· A visit to the NAVAL MUSEUM with all its reconstructions of ships: the “Bucintoro” is a must for everybody.
· Painting a mask – handcrafts workshop.
· If you are looking for some relax or beach time, we suggest you the VENICE LIDO BEACH, just 15 minutes far from Piazza San Marco. The island is worldwide well known for the International Film Festival taking place every year in September. Not everybody knows that … Venice has got its own Beach !! And also in Winter time this beach shows its fascinating side ! Children and kids love playing in the beach, with sand and water, so mum and dad can enjoy some relax time under the sun.
10 TIPS TO ENJOY THE LIDO AND PELLESTRINA ISLANDS WITH YOUR CHILDREN
- free beach: Blue Moon, San Nicoletto, Alberoni, Murazzi, Pellestrina
- beach with cabanas and sun lounges: Venezia Spiagge, Consorzio, Des Bains, Excelsior, Miramare, Sorriso, Alberoni, Pachuka and Paradise Beach, San Nicoletto
- Bike tour to the San Nicolò’s lighthouse or to the Malamocco Village/Alberoni (by Murazzi, the Sea street, and/or by the Lagoon street)
- Surrey bikes tour
- Horseback riding
- Askenasi playground (aca “ex Luna Park”)
- “Quattro Fontane” playground (close to the Tuesday’s market area)
- “Terre Perse” playground
- Summer camps for children (available also for half a day/one day)
- Boat tour (sailing or canoying)
- Natural WWF Oasis at the Alberoni
- Natural protected area in Ca’ Roman (LIPU oasis) in Pellestrina Island
- in S.M.Elisabetta Square, close to the ACTV station, Biciclette Gardin
- behind S.M.Elisabetta’s Church, Lido on Bike
- in the main boulevard “Gran Viale”, close to the Blue Moon area, Venice Bike Rental
5 FAMILY FRIENDLY RESTAURANTS IN LIDO ISLAND
- Paradise Beach, pizzeria, restaurant, playground, canoe rental, sun lounges rental, beach
- Pachuka Beach, pizzeria, restaurant, playground, sun lounges rental, beach (dog beach)
- Bagni Alberoni, pizzeria, restaurant, playground, sun lounges rental, beach
- Parco delle Rose, in the main boulevard aca “Gran Viale”
- El Cason, restaurant and pizzeria
PRIVATE ACTIVITIES & TOURS in English
Treasure hunts, private visits, walking tours and much more.
Free consultation and quotation by clicking here.
Last update: May 20th 2017.